Well actually it isn't. The grand opening of local gardens was yesterday and I was just too bone weary by the end of it to lift a finger, never mind write a post.
The day dawned clear and sunny. Fantastic! It makes a big difference to the number of visitors if we have fine weather.
Step
ladder, signs and banners were put up first thing. I want to award a
gold star to whoever invented plastic ties. We would have been lost
without them. String tends to be a bit fiddly. The marquees were already
up at Dorward House.
These sort of events gain a momentum of their own and the time went in so fast. A lot of people went through he gates, a lot of teas were served, plants bought, ideas exchanged. I even met a fellow blogger. That was a highlight. But mainly it was about local people enjoying a day out. Thanks to all for participating.
I'm sure it was a wonderful day, and thank goodness for nice weather. How lovely to meet another blogger.
ReplyDeleteIt was a lovely day in spite of the hard work. And talking to visitors especially other gardeners is such a joy.
ReplyDelete