Friday, 11 November 2011

The Light and the Land

For me, a landscape does not exist in its own right, since its appearance changes at every moment; but the surrounding atmosphere brings it to life - the light and the air which vary continually.
                                               
Claude Monet




















 All the photos were taken in Angus and Aberdeenshire.


13 comments:

  1. Spectacular scenery Janet you are so lucky your photos have captured the light beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you put the Magic Attachment on your camera... The ethereal light through the trees is my favorite, but also the moods of the sea--- so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what can I say except ooh, ahh and thank you Janet for showing us the light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Elaine, There's been some wonderful light recently.

    Linniew I'm looking for one of these magic attachments.. at least with digital cameras you can bin the shots you don't want. I remember the days of getting prints back from the chemist and most of them were crap...

    Thank you Laura, for taking the time to have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful scenes! I love the cheeky sun disappearing behind the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely views - a part of the Uk I must visit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scotland is very beautiful, especially the way you capture it. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Monet quote - I actually just used it myself in my last post! Your photos illustrate the quote so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the photos, what stunning scenery. I especially love the light through the trees falling on the bracken.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! All that lovely peaceful space. Wonderful to be greeted with a brand new view every time we go out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the Monet quote and the beautiful photos, Janet thanks for sharing, Frances

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning views! Must be quite something waking up to this kind of scenery..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely the magic attachment! Such a variety of light, each picture says something quite different.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...